Ten Reasons to Join CBTA!
1. CBTA Newsletter: This publication contains such items as a message from the President of CBTA, news about CBTA activities, articles on a variety of topics, notices of special awards, and announcements of courses and other programs of interest to biology teachers.
2. Winter Social (evening) : In early winter, CBTA members join to share ideas and a delicious meal followed by a guest speaker.
3. Spring Symposium (one day): In late spring, CBTA sponsors sessions covering a variety of topics that teachers can use in their classrooms.
4. Summer Workshop: CBTA occasionally sponsors longer workshops in the summer for teachers to become immersed in the biology of a particular area.
5. Fall Professional Development (one day): This workshop is held in early fall to study an area of biological interest in greater detail. Places visited in the past have included Pingree Park, Rocky Mountain National Park, Great Sand Dunes, Colorado National Monument/Grand Mesa, Winter Park/Hot Sulphur Springs, Mt. Evans, And Nature Conservancy’s Phantom Canyon.
6. Colorado Science Conference: (one day) During the fall of each year, CBTA co‐sponsors this convention with other state science teacher organizations. Teachers attend workshops, concurrent sessions, hear nationally known speakers and visit displays to learn about what is new in biology and other science areas.
7. Mini‐Grants: Members have the opportunity to apply for mini‐grants to fund biology classroom innovation.
8. Recertification Credit: Credit is available for many CBTA programs.
9. Teachers Awards: The Outstanding Biology Teacher Award (OBTA) is presented each year to a biology teacher who has shown innovation in the classroom as well as made professional contributions. The awardee is given cash, equipment and funding to attend the National Association of Biology Teachers Convention where they are honored with other awardees at the OBTA luncheon.
10. Student Awards: CBTA honors outstanding biology projects at the Colorado Science and Engineering Fair and at the Colorado/Wyoming Junior Academy of Science Research Day.
Teacher - $7.50/yr; 3 year - $18.00;
Student - $4.00/yr;
Retired - $4.00/yr; 3 year - $10.00.
To join CBTA, click on the Membership Form link on the right side of this page then print out the membership application and mail it to the address indicated on the form. This form is in PDF format. You must have Acrobat Reader to view this form. If you need to download this program, click on the button below.